" /> Pacific Westestern Athletic Association

PACWEST Men's Soccer Recap

Photo courtesy of Vancouver Sports Pictures
Photo courtesy of Vancouver Sports Pictures


Douglas Royals 3
Langara Falcons 0

The defending PACWEST champion Royals flexed their muscle on Saturday shutting out the visiting Falcons 3-0.

The Royals offence came alive getting goals from Race Williams, Burhan Waisy and Taylor Richardson.

Keeper Jared Horvath recorded the shutout.

Capilano Blues 4
VIU Mariners 0

The Blues were not very nice hosts to the defending CCAA gold medalists shutting them out 4-0 behind a hat trick Adrian Sahagun.

Keeper Hudson Nelles needed to make only two saves to record the shutout.

The eventual winning goal came early when Sahagun scored in the sixth minute. The Blues lead extended to a pair when Patrick Izett scored courtesy of a penalty kick in the 25th minute.

After halftime Sahagun went to work again scoring in the 57th and 61st minutes putting the game out of reach for the Mariners.


Douglas Royals 1
Capilano Blues 1

In a back and forth game the Royals and Blues played to a 1-1 tie on Sunday afternoon.

The Blues, who had scored four times the day before, didn’t find as much open field against the Royals defence. Veteran Keith Jackson scored his first of the season early on to give the Blues the lead.

The Royals took control of the second half in the rain. They finally found the equalizer late in the game when Quinn Desaulniers sent a ball off a Blues defender and past keeper Hudson Nelles.

VIU Mariners 4
Langara Falcons 4

Sunday afternoon there was no shortage of offence as the Mariners and Falcons combined for eight goals.

The Falcons opened the scoring in the sixth minute when Emmanuel Ekek sent a ball past the Mariners keeper Evan Carr.

However the Mariners would strike in the 25th minute when Hussein Behery scored his first of three on the afternoon to tie the game at one.

Just before halftime the Falcons regained the lead when Merlin Fisk scored his first of the season. Fisk would then give the Falcons a two goal lead in the 50th minute with his second of the game.

Just six minutes later the Mariners inched closer when Taylor Arbour found the back of the net cutting the lead to one.

The back and forth game continued in the 66th minute when again the Falcons restored their two goal lead when Ekek tallied his second of the afternoon.

With time ticking down the Mariners offence went to work and in the 72nd minute Behery scored his second of the afternoon cutting the lead again to one.

He would then tie it in the 90th minute completing the hat trick.

Both keepers were busy as well. Alex Kalajdzic of the Falcons needed to turn aside seven shots while Evan Carr of the Mariners made five saves.